windowlights

windowlights

Monday, May 10, 2010

An award from Lucille LeSeur

The wonderfully brilliant and beautiful Lucille LeSeur, who writes one of my absolute favorite blogs, Lady in the Radiator, has very thoughtfully given me a choice between two different awards: the Beautiful Blogger Award or The Preppy Mafia Award. But I’m going to change the rules a bit. I’m combining the two honors into one and am renaming it The Lucille Leseur Award, because I adore her and also because I think it sounds quite distinguished and prestigious.

So, I must answer these four questions:

1)My favorite party theme: We don’t have party themes in Colorado. We just gather on someone’s back porch (preferably one with a fire pit) and drink a whole lot of beer. At least, those were the kind of parties I went to :)

2)Go to Halloween costume: It doesn’t really matter what your costume is here, because you are going to have to put on your winter coat anyway. It never fails, every Halloween is rainy and/or snowy. Under my bulky winter coat, though, I was often Marie Antoinette.

3)My greatest fear is losing my mother. I really don’t know what I would do without her.

4)Traits I deplore in myself: my inability to trust, my awkwardness, my shyness, etc…

And now I must give 6 random facts about myself:

1)I was born on Autumn Equinox.

2) I sobbed at my desk every single day in Kindergarten and I didn’t know how to make friends, so my teacher had to assign friends to me, which was an assignment that nobody wanted :( Oh well.

3) My favorite Goonie was Stef.

4) When I was growing up, my dream was to be a ferris wheel operator in a travelling carnival.

5) In junior high, I used to write a comic strip about snails called “The Adventures of Bob and Paul.” It was a big hit :)

6)I love reading etiquette books from the 1920’s-1960’s.

Let’s see, the award I choose to hand out will be the Beautiful Blogger Award. I’ll give it to these nine people:

Les jeune fille a les oiseaux, who writes Freebird Flyaway. You are beautiful, amazing and my favorite Birdie in the sky.

Jessie, who writes Synecdoche. You are so very intelligent and insightful and your writing is truly profound and moving. You are an amazing, amazing person.

Elk, who writes We Like Nests. I LOVE your artwork and your writing is incredibly thought-provoking. Your blog is an absolute gem.

Wildflower who used to write Being A Wildflower. You are wonderful wonderful wonderful. In addition, you are wonderful.

Angie, who writes Here and Now. You give me so much hope and support. I can’t thank you enough and I’m glad that people like you exist.

Sarah, who writes My Multi-Coloured Life, The Monster Beneath and Just A Single Sentence. You are so honest, open and inspirational. You are truly a gift.

Andy, who writes Breaking Through. You are incredibly strong, brave and smart and you have so very much to offer this world. You are a bright and beautiful spirit. Don’t give up.

Petal, who writes Don’t Let Her Eat Cake. I know you’ve already received this award, but I think you are quite possibly the loveliest person on the planet, so I’m giving it to you again.

Vicki, who writes So It Goes a Bit Like This. I admire your strength so much and I think you have such a great sense of humor. I hope you are okay and I hope you keep fighting.

I could go on and on and on. I want to include every single one of you because I love all of your blogs!!! Very much so.

So there you have it. You don’t have to do any work or answer any questions (unless you want to, of course!). I just wanted you to know that I think you are beautiful people and beautiful writers and I sincerely love your words.

Lots of love <3

P.S. I can't get my links to work, so I took them out :( Sorry!

5 comments:

Wild Flower said...

Heehehehee I love you <3 So since I destroyed my poor little blog, I will answer in your little comment box:

1)My favorite party theme: I hate parties really...But the most memorable party theme I had was Pocahontas. My mommy made a cake and we had a pinata and little indian dolls came out when we busted it open. That was the only themed party I can remember.

2)Go to Halloween costume: A dead bride was a costume I reused. I had this old wedding dress from the thrift store that I destroyed and made bloody. It always looked so creepy in the dark. Now-a-days, I have this black and white jacket thing...(no clue what it is). But I put that on with some more weird clothes and call myself chaos. :)


3)Greatest Fear: Being stuck. I must leave. I will always come back, but I must leave.

4)Traits I deplore in myself: My neediness. My whiny-ness. My lack of a positive, constructive outlet.


6 Random things about myself

1. I am friendly with LOTS of people, but only have a couple of friends.

2. I love looking at the stars, but it absolutely terrifies me to think of how small and insignificant we all are.

3. I know the secret to world peace.

4. All of my dishes are in my room so my roommate can't use them. She is evil and I don't want her evilness on my dishes. Haha.

5. I can't get the song "Hurt" covered by Johnny Cash out of my head. That song breaks my heart. But it won't leave. It's been in there for months.

6. I am a Capricorn III born in the week of dominance. I rarely feel dominant at all. Maybe the week I was born in tells me of a goal I should pursue. Maybe I should work on dominating my scattered mind. I can never make up my mind >_<


Thank you for the award <3 I would throw it back to you a thousand times if I could XP.

Have a wonderful day!

XOXO

WF

mariposai said...

Ooh thank you :-) You are a wonderfully beautiful person Nicole and absolutely deserve the reward. I will do a proper post on this soon, but I want to answer the questions now, so I will.

1) Party theme - Yellow!
2) Halloween costume - It is my aim to someday go as an evil banana
3) Greatest fear - fire
4) Traits I deplore - Wallowing in negative thought patterns...I need to fight them more!

6 random things:

1. I'm a fan of original Dr Who (UK TV series...but not the newest version)
2. I put clothes pegs all over my mum when she tries to put the washing out!
3. I once rang up my brother, put on a funny voice, and told him he'd won alot of money...he fell for it too, but wasn't too happy when he found out the truth!
4. I am a smurf...I wish
5. I want to play with lego again!
6. My bedroom is too pink

Oh and I'll say it again - you're beautiful :-)

Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Ah Nicole, you are truly lovely. I very much enjoy your comments, and thank you for the award. I love reading about the questions and your secrets :)

Love, Andy

elk said...

I really loved reading this. I think your child-self and my child-self would have been pretty compatible. I think I barely spoke at school.
Thank you for this :) I feel special now,tee hee!

1. Favourite party theme: It's not so much a theme, but I love accidental drinking days. The ones where you bump into someone, go for a sneaky pint, them bump into more people. Before you know it it's 4am and you're sauntering home as the birds are waking up.
2.Halloween Costume: I'm usually so disorganised and forgetful that it usually ends up something along the lines of Bedraggled Street Urchin, or I'll tie strings on myself and be a puppet.
3. Greatest Fear: I don't know how to explain it..but...a nothingness?? Like...everything vanishes? And deep unmoveable sadness in people I love.
4. Traits I deplore in myself: my inability to speak, sometimes. Feeling like I don't want to 'intrude' on people so I'll lose contact for a while. My inability to stay in one place without feelings of claustraphobia. Not being able to say 'I love you' back and seeing that Look of disappointment.

Randomised facts:
1. I dropped out of playgroup.
2. I chew pens, pencils, brushes...Gross, but I don't realise until it's too late.
3. I like my nose. I always hated it, but now I wouldn't change a thing about it.
4. I'm actually serious when I say I have a fear of Dumbo.
5. I store my books in the order I read them. They are like a chronicle of my life, showing my phases, and I can re-map how I was feeling/ what I was going through by looking at a chunk of books.
6. I have the points of orion tattooed on my left foot. It's the only constellation I could remember as a child, and it reminds me of my grandad whenever I see orion in the sky. I miss him, so there it is permanently :)

Sending many good things your way. :)
xx

les jeune fille à les oiseaux said...

I just adore you and I am going to email you soon :) because you ARE WONDERFUL.

1)My favorite party theme: For my eighteenth birthday, I had an Alice in Wonderland rave... it was the best day. EVER.

2)Go to Halloween costume: Everyday is Halloween for me, so whichever mood I'm in dominates. ON Halloween though, I normally would like to do something crazy and odd. I think the Mad Hatter from the Tim Burton film might be fun this year.

3)My greatest fear is have any ties, anywhere.

4)Traits I deplore in myself: my mood swings, my anti-social nature, my whiny-ness, the fact that I am constantly a failure in every sense.

6 random facts about myself:

1)I am terrified to turn 20.

2) I would have totally been your friend in Kindergarden.

3) My favorite song of all time is "Drops of Jupiter" by Train.

4) India is my final destination.

5) I get compared to Luna Lovegood A LOT. I also get compared to Elizabeth Bennett A LOT. How these two mix together, I've no clue.

6) I am an INFP.