windowlights

windowlights

Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Things That You Find in the Rain


Me and Geoffrey


For several months, I've been helping to foster a litter of abandoned kittens that were deserted in my neighborhood last spring. When we first found them they were muddy and freezing in the April rain and just a few days old. They were so tiny that they fit perfectly in my palms, and because the kittens were newborns, we had to bottle feed them and care for them around the clock. It's amazing how much they have grown these past few months. 

Next week, these sweet kittens go to their new home. I'll miss them, but I'm so glad they've been adopted and will be going to a caring family.

I named the kitten in this photo Geoffrey. Then we found out that he was a girl. So I changed her name to Geoffrey Anne.

 ;)


4 comments:

Kristina said...

Aw. :) Is Geoffrey Ann going to a new home, as well?

Nicole said...

Yes, Geoffrey will be leaving as well. It will be hard to say goodbye, but I know she'll be in good hands. :)

AVY said...

Adorable. There's still hope.

/ Avy
http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



♥

Amber said...

Haha! Geoffrey Anne... love it! Kittens are so awesome! I am glad that you found them good homes.