*A note to myself.
Because you are going to forget all of this.
You will forget how beautiful the world can be. You will forget all of these colors. You will forget how these fluttering leaves catch the light and glow. Glimmering yellow and orange.
When the winter winds come and everything is white and gray and the cold seeps deep down into your bones. You will think to yourself that the world has always been this way: everything around you has always been cold and pale. Bleak.
Always.
The world has always hurt. You will think that everything will always be like this. It will never change.
You will get lost in all of this frozen darkness and every day will be a struggle to find a reason to get out of bed and put your feet on the floor.
Every. Single. Day.
Find a reason anyway.
Just one.
You can find at least one.
You always do.
12 comments:
Beautiful words, beautiful photos. And you are right, there is always a reason. Even if sometimes we have to scrabble around a bit to find it.
Thank you so much, Cheryl. It is always good to hear from you.
And yes, there is always at least one reason to face the day. I have to remind myself of this often.
<3
wow, these words gave me chills because it reminded me of how I felt while I was struggling with my ed. This is beautiful and you are so right! it is sooo important to remind ourselves of this. thank you for sharing this!
Aww, thank you, Jenn. :) I've missed you a great deal and I am so glad that you are blogging again. You are such a wonderful inspiration for recovery. <3
~Nicole
Dear Nicole,
Your words are magical. So much so that I find myself at a loss of what I can comment in response. I just sit there - thinking 'wow', how can I add to this?! Its very touching to me.
Focus on one reason in darker times and it will see you through...this is what I just gained from your post here. You are wonderful! xo
Kylie, you are such a kind person, thank you so much. Your comment means a lot to me. <3
I wrote this while I was in the mountains to see the autumn leaves changing. Our winters in Colorado are very cold and dark and long. I always feel low during the cold months and I took these photos to remind myself that winter is not endless.
Thank you again, I really appreciate your words. <3
You always find a reason to go on living because what else is there to do? It will all change, some day.
/Avy
http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com
♥
That is true, Avy. I guess the alternative is just a kind of futile sleepwalking through life. Finding a reason helps to make the days feel a little less gloomy and not quite so heavy.
Thank you for reading, I'm always glad to hear from you. <3
This is beautiful and touching. And a good reminder.
Thank you so much, Kristina. <3
Never never stop believing - and never stop reminding us with your words - that there is and are - despite and because - so much beauty, so many many reasons...
Xx
Lilly, that is so very sweet of you. Thank you so much, I truly appreciate this.
There really is so much beauty in the world, we just have to open our eyes to it.
Thank you. <3
Post a Comment