-Serbian Proverb
Sometimes, it feels like there is more darkness in the world than light. That is certainly what it felt like on Friday, after the tragedy in Connecticut. My heart still hurts and I am sure it will hurt for a very long time.
In the aftermath, the world seemed to be a dark, dark place.
But then, slowly, little lights began to gather together. People across the country started lighting candles in honor of the victims and to call for peace. Then more lights gathered. And they kept gathering. Until light poured in from all over the globe.
It is true, you know. We really are made of stars. We all carry a beautiful light within us. You may think your own light is insignificant, but I assure you it is of great importance. Remember that your life, and the lives around you, are precious and valuable.
Be kind to yourself. Be kind to each other.
Seek peace and keep adding to the gathering light.
Sufjan Stevens: O Come, O Come Emmanuel
1 comment:
O Come, O Come Emmanuel has always been my favorite carol. I must have it in about ten different versions. And we really are made of stars, both figuratively and literally. I hope that people will continue to see all the things that draw them together, and make them one.
Adventures in Anxiety Land
Post a Comment